Aus played a major role in the development of the railway line between Lüderitz and Keetmanshoop, because it had abundant water and also gave access to the inland plateau through the mountains. Once the railway line was completed in 1906, Aus quickly developed into a major traffic hub during the German time, with two family-style hotels, of which only one (with the fitting name of “ Bahnhof Hotel “) has survived. The Bahnhof Hotel was initially built in 1906 and has been in the hands of the Lubowski family since the late seventies A fire destructed the the hotel in 1948 and a brick construction replaced the wooden structure of earlier times. With different leaseholders the hotel experienced varying heydays, until in 2005 a group of five partners took over the business. The building was given a complete makeover and 13 stylish rooms with modern en suite amenities were the results of these efforts.
New management and staff treat visitors and guests to an a là carte menu consisting of local cuisine with international flair and selected wines or alternatively always freshly prepared light lunches and homemade fresh bread and cakes. Sundowners can be enjoyed on the sundeck or in the cosy lounge in front of the fireplace or just have a drink in the historic bar.